Here are my top five reasons why libertarians should support Bob Barr:
1. He voted for the PATRIOT Act.
2. He spent much of his life putting people in jail for possessing products that the state arbitrarily decided to outlaw.
3. He thinks guns should be forced on business owners.
4. He keeps an open (albeit misguided) mind when it comes to supporting war.
5. He endorsed a man for VP who doesn’t want to bring the troops home.
Well, okay, so maybe these aren’t the best reasons to support someone in his run for presidency. But never mind that the LP has gutted its platform, purged the radicals, and nominated two conservative Republicans. So they gave up on education and principles. What’s more important is that we rally behind the LP’s candidate in order to accomplish its new goal: hurting McCain.
You can bet McCain is shaking in his boots over that fraction of a percentage he’ll be losing to Barr.
I can’t wait to vote.
For more on Bob Barr, see this article.