Frank Luntz Exposed: A Teaser

I wasn’t going to post this until the final article was ready, but since the Daily Paul broke it, I feel a bit pressured to at least offer a teaser.

First of all, if you don’t know who Frank Luntz is, watch this video for some critical background information:

Well, to make a long story short, I was invited to one of these focus groups. More on how I managed that will be in the coming article. Because I had heard first-hand accounts of Luntz’s manipulative tactics, I purchased a voice recorder and decided to check it out for myself. For now, suffice to say that there is indeed a tremendous amount of bias involved in both the selection process as well as Frank’s administration of the focus group session itself. In fact, the very person I randomly sat down next to to have dinner with turned out to be incredibly shady. More on details on that will be in the article to come, but for now, see for yourself that this isn’t his first time in one of Frank’s group:

So, after the “focus group” was concluded, a gathering of people who apparently already knew what Luntz was all about met him at the door and started to confront him. I was completely content to stand by and watch the show until I heard Frank claiming that he didn’t try to influence participants. After sitting through three hours of his tricks, I couldn’t help but chime in to clarify what I had just seen. Frank calls the crowd “mean”, but having seen what Frank does for a living, I don’t at all blame them for being displeased with him.

Stay tuned for an article that includes a rundown of Frank’s incredibly biased selection process, my hour-long discussion with the mysterious Chuck, and Frank’s manipulative “focus group” methods.

A few important notes:
– I did not ambush Frank Luntz. Other people did that, and Mike and I walked up and saw it happening. I only opened my mouth when he tried to tell people that he doesn’t misrepresent public opinion.
– These people were supporting various different candidates. This was not a crowd of supporters from any one campaign.
– Mike videotaped and uploaded it to YouTube. However, I never asked for it to be posted on a high profile blog. However, since it was already public, I wanted to explain and figured I might as well use it as a teaser for the article I was already planning to write.

19 comments to “Frank Luntz Exposed: A Teaser”

1. Comment by gRegor:

Ha! I can’t wait to read/see more. That was awesome. Poor Frank, people are mean to him.

2. Comment by Leo:

Great job Chris!! This is an incredible breakthrough!! Frank Lutz and Chuck should serve some time in the public square in the stockades.

3. Comment by John:

I suppose this can be taken in more than one way. It seems that either Frank Luntz conspired with this person in the focus group or that this person in the focus group is trying to skew the results in some way. Are these two separate events? It would be really interesting to see if the person in the focus group could be identified and then interviewed about this issue.

4. Comment by chinnapan:

Great Job Chris. Great job.
    Will be in touch.
    We are all proud of you.
    Chinnapan

5. Comment by RiverRat:

Great work Chris. I can’t wait to hear the interview on Ron Paul Radio this afternoon. Give me a ping in IRC if you need contact phone numbers for them.

For others interested here is contact information:

irc://irc.freenode.net/#RonPaul

6. Comment by roflcopter:

haha you infiltrated Luntz’s little focus group. i can’t stand these manipulative clowns who play games with our minds. FUCK YOU FRANK!

7. Comment by Bill Moore:

FU Frank!!!

8. Comment by Nate:

His focus groups are always meant to discredit Ron Paul and push establishment CFR candidates. Some of the members are clearly repeat offenders, they are in every single focus group. I don’t see how he could say Ron Paul’s campaign is not positive, it is the most positive thing in politics these days, and if Ron Paul’s supporters are angry, it is only because they have been provoked by Luntz and all the other media shills.

9. Comment by Andrea:

You rock, Chris! Keep up the good work — shine the light on this fraudulent creep. It was great meeting you at the Triangle sign making event. You make us proud! :)

10. Comment by Jon:

F U FRANK

11. Comment by Douglas:

Chris, Looking forward to reading and hearing more about your story of infiltrating, investigating and documenting the Frank Lutz “Focus Group.” You mention an hour long conversation with the infamous, “Chuck” a repeat member of Frank’s Focus group. Is this the same “Chuck” who was video taped threatening and beating a Gore supporter at a presidential election rally/protest many years ago?

12. Comment by Jeff:

Great job! I can’t wait for your article and would love to hear for myself what actually happened in that focus group you attended.

13. Comment by Johnny Mills:

FUCK YOU FRANK !!!!!!

14. Comment by Zimbabalouie:

Mr. Luntz should know that the worse the perception that he is directly involved in potetial criminal acts that conspire to deny the American public (not his phony made up acting American public) a free and honest election he risks becoming a target of public rage. The deeper into the Al Queda our economy sinks the more likely this rage will become physical. Frankly speaking he should never again appear in public even to step from building to car without the protection of Bill O’s Fox security forces. We all remember Bill O’s Fox security forces who have the sophistication to enter into our lives to enforce Bill O’s outrage at anyone who speak the truth on the Fox network. Well Frank do you think the SS of corporate security can get you from building to car without facing real Americans? The current poll numbers a leaning to the angry Americans kicking your Neocon butt by 73%. Now thats a poll I can believe in. FU Frank.

15. Comment by Michael:

I can’t wait to see/hear the focus group tape. Should be interesting. You’re doing great work my friend. The Revolution continues!

16. Comment by LG:

Well, this should help tremendously to bring News Corp stock to its knees. Hehehe!

17. Comment by EHund:

Although Luntz is a Fox News tool, the guy who showed up at two focus groups in New Hampshire was more likely because of sloppiness and laziness than any other motive.

I live in a city where Frankie does many focus groups– a few blocks from my house. It’s always a quick 100 bucks to go sit and play with his “patented Fox News Dials” (they are actually not patented, and not from Fox News), and get a preview of what agenda will be pushed next.

I have done over TEN groups with him— they never check who they hire— they just need to fill the seats to look good for whatever client is behind the one-way glass.

I have been in many groups where people walk out. He insults people, forces the ‘correct’ answers from people, browbeats people…. He’ll cut you off if you give an opinion he does not like.

Once, when he left the room the whole group was so pi**ed off, we all agreed to swing his ‘dials’ at random– and he concocted ‘trends’ from this to prove a later point.

Scientific, indeed.

He’s just another B.S. artist making a buck…. just like me, also making a buck (from him)

18. Comment by Jon:

Hurry up, we need the tape yesterday.

19. Comment by Douglas:

Chris if you have a “story” to tell you may need to know news is like fresh bread it goes stale quickly. Still looking forward to your story. I hope to read it soon.